Tuesday, March 13, 2012

OPI I Have a Herring Problem


I Have a Herring Problem (with flash)
After my gorgeous Dutch 'Ya Just Love OPI? manicure started looking a little jacked (after weeks of abuse), I decided to follow it up with another polish from OPI's Holland Collection. It was a difficult choice, as OPI sent me the entire set for review AND every bottle is a beauty. I considered painting every piggy in a different polish, but decided that would look a lil' cray cray. So after much deliberation, the finalists were I Don't Give a Rotterdam! and I Have a Herring Problem - two shimmer-laced blues. I decided on the latter because it's darker and reads a little more gray (gray nails are my everything!) against my skin tone.

Over the years, I've amassed quite a collection of nail polishes (I probably own 200+ shades) and I don't have anything quite like I Have a Herring Problem. In the bottle, it's kind of a green blue. But worn, it's looks more gray. And depending on the light, it either reads more blue or more gray. And the subtle, silver micro-shimmer makes it special without venturing into disco ball territory. It strikes me as a color that would look good on a variety of skin tones. And even though it's techinically a blue polish, I think you could get away with it at work (unless you work in a very corporate environment) - as long as you keep your nails short.

I Have a Herring Problem (without flash)
I've been getting tons of compliments on my mani and, since it's neutral-ish, it compliments just about anything I wear. It's been about 5 days since I painted my nails and there are no chips in sight - despite the fact that I'm pretty rough on my hands. My secret weapon for long-lasting lacquer is to use a Zoya Anchor Base Coat and Zoya Armor Top Coat. But this time, I could only find my bottle of Anchor. So I opted for Essie Good to Go (rapid dry top coat), which turned out to be a great Armor understudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment